the TeX world
Typesetting, fonts, publishing, …
TUG 2019: August 9-11, 2019
The 40th Annual Meeting of the TeX Users Group
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
625 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
(phone +1 650-328-2800)
Dates and deadlines
- May 1, 2019 - bursary
application (financial assistance) deadline.
- May 15 - deadline for abstracts for presentation
- June 1 - deadline for early bird registration discount.
- July 9 - deadline for hotel reservations at our group discount.
Booking your hotel room early is highly advisable.
- July 15 - deadline for preprints to be in the printed program.
- August 8, 4:00-6:00 pm - opening reception at the hotel, in the
- August 9 - LaTeX workshop,
concurrent with regular talks.
- August 9-11 - conference.
- August 18 - deadline for final papers for the printed
Special guest: Don Knuth
We are TeXstatic to announce that the Grand Wizard will be joining
us! For at least some of the sessions … more details when it's
closer to time.
- The conference will be held at the Sheraton Palo Alto hotel, in Palo Alto, California, USA. Hotel fact sheet.
- Flights: the major international airport is
SFO (San Francisco). Other SF Bay Area airports may have
cheaper flights: OAK (Oakland) and SJC (San Jose).
- Transit: it is about 20 miles from SFO to the hotel. Expect lots of
traffic, especially on the freeways. Train: you can take BART to the
Millbrae station and then switch to Caltrain to Palo Also. Public bus is
also available. Taxi or rental car from the airport is the fastest.
- Rooms are reserved for TUG conference participants at the Sheraton. We are told that reservations via the web will be
available soon. For now, you can make
reservations by phone, 1-800-325-3535 or 1-650-328-2800, or via email to
SheratonReservations(at)pahotel.com (email must include guest
name(s), arrival/departure dates, address, phone, and credit card number
and expiration). Whether booking by phone or email, it is necessary to
mention “TeX Users Group” to get the group rate.
- The group reservation cut-off date is July 9, 2019. Reservations
made after that will only be taken on a space-available basis, and the
group rate is not guaranteed.
- Rooms must be cancelled at least 48 hours prior to arrival to
- A block of rooms has been reserved at the conference rate. If that
fills up and they claim no rooms are available, let us know, so we can
request additional rooms.
- Self-parking is available at $20/day, or valet parking for $25/day.
(Parking rates may change.)
- The conference rate is only available for the nights of Thursday
August 8 through Sunday August 11.
- The opening reception will be at the Sheraton, from 4:00-6:00pm on
Thursday, August 8.
- Lunches and breaks will be provided at the conference venue at no
- Dinner at the hotel is available, but not included with
room reservations or conference registration.
- We'll have a banquet (optional extra), time and location tbd.
the TeX Users Group,
and individual donors.
Thanks to all.
New sponsors are greatly
appreciated, as is mentioning the conference to colleagues and in any
We'd also appreciate any dissemination of this
one-page PDF flyer (letter-size)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone, fax, postal mail: see TUG
office contact information.
- Conference committee: Karl Berry, Jennifer Claudio,
Robin Laakso, Boris Veytsman.
$Date: 2019/01/11 23:49:53 $;
previous TUG meeting -
all TeX meetings