the TeX world
(Typesetting, fonts, publishing, …)
TUG 2016: July 25-27, 2016
The 37th Annual Meeting of the TeX Users Group
Bond Place Hotel
65 Dundas St. East
Toronto, Ontario M5B 2GB, Canada
Dates and deadlines
- April 8, 2016 - bursary
application (financial assistance) deadline.
- May 1 - deadline for abstracts for presentation
proposals. Late submissions gratefully received!
- May 23 - deadline for early bird registration discount.
- June 25 - deadline for discounted hotel reservations. Booking
hotel rooms early is always advisable.
- July 8 - deadline for preprints to be in the printed program.
- July 23 - excursions begin,
with an all-day bus trip to Niagara Falls and more.
- July 24 - optional morning excursion to Guelph; evening (self-pay)
reception at a restaurant near the hotel (tbd), 5:30-7pm.
- July 25-27 - conference.
- July 28 - optional typographic excursion and banquet on harbor cruise.
- July 29 - optional additional tour to the Georgian Bay area.
- August 8 - deadline for final papers for the printed
We are offering several optional tours
so that visitors can partake of some of the sights that the region has
to offer without having to organize travel themselves.
If you are interested in one or more of the excursions, please
indicate them when you register for the
We are extremely pleased to welcome three special guests to the
conference this year. They will all be giving
talks. In alphabetical order:
- Chuck Bigelow, of
Bigelow and Holmes, co-designer, with his partner Kris Holmes, of the
Lucida and Wingdings font families, among others.
Bringhurst, poet, translator, and much more, but perhaps best known
to TeXies for his renowned book The Elements of Typographic Style.
Larson of Microsoft Advanced Reading Technologies,
who has had great influence on improvements to rendering technologies.
With much appreciation to all three!
- Rooms are reserved for TUG conference participants at the
Bond Place Hotel located in
downtown Toronto. Online
reservations through the hotel web site are available. Rooms start
at CDN$129 per night.
- Rooms at the conference rate are only guaranteed until
June 25, 2016. After that, the conference rate may not apply, and
rooms may not be available at all.
- Rooms must be cancelled at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid
charges (of one night's room and tax).
- Meals: The registration fee includes breakfast and lunch on
each day of the meeting, as well as morning and afternoon coffee breaks.
We'll have a banquet (optional extra) on Thursday evening on a harbor
cruise, after the typography excursions that day. The reception on
Sunday and other excursion meals will be self-pay, as noted.
Breakfasts: on Saturday 7/23 and Sunday 7/24, a breakfast will be
served for excursion-goers starting at 7:30am.
Monday through Thursday, breakfast will start at 6:30am.
No breakfast will be served on Friday.
All breakfasts, lunches, and breaks will be served in the immediate
vicinity of our meeting room, level B1.
- Laundry: 1) hotel has next-day dry cleaning and laundry;
2) Laundry Lounge (coin-op), at 527 Yonge St (map), about 15min walk;
3) Village Custom Cleaners, 122 St Patrick St (also on map).
the TeX Users Group,
and individual donors.
Thanks to all.
New sponsors are greatly
appreciated, as is mentioning the conference to colleagues and in any
Contacting the organizers:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone, fax, postal mail: see TUG
office contact information.
- Conference committee: Pavneet Arora, Karl Berry,
Jim Hefferon, Robin Laakso, Steve Peter.
$Date: 2019/02/27 14:26:59 $;
previous TUG meeting -
next TUG meeting -
all TeX meetings