[ monday ]
Alexandre Gaudeul is a Ph.D. student in economics at the University of Toulouse, France in the GREMAQ CNRS laboratory for mathematical economics.
Most of his work has been on the economics of the Internet and of the software industries. He is doing a case study on TeX, which has led him to interview many TeX community members and developers.
This case study will hopefully lead to interesting economic insights into the way open-source development works.
[ monday ] . [ tuesday ] . [ thursday ]
Gray, Gary L.
Gary Gray has been at The Pennsylvania State University since 1994 and is an Associate Professor of Engineering Science and Mechanics. He earned a Ph.D. degree in Engineering Mechanics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1993.
He is the maintainer of the Mac OS X TeX and Textures Mailing Lists and runs a web site (with Joe Slater) of resources for using TeX on the Mac OS.
He uses LaTeX for almost every document he creates and is currently writing two textbooks in LaTeX for which he has done all the layout (with Francesco Costanzo).
His research interests include the mechanics of nanostructures, dynamics of mechanical systems, the application of dynamical systems theory, and engineering education.
[ monday ]
Gurari, Eitan M.
Associate Professor, Department of Computer and Information Science, Ohio State University
- Current work:
- Automatic translation of scientific literature to braille
- TeX-based Books:
- The LaTeX Web Companion. Goosen, M. and Rahtz, S. with Gurari, E., Moore, R., and Sutor R., Addison-Wesley, 1999.
- TeX and LaTeX: Drawing and Literate Programming. Gurari, E., McGraw-Hill, 1994.
(A manual for DraTeX, AlDraTeX, ProTeX, and AlProTeX.)
- Writing with TeX. Gurari, E., McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- TeX-based Systems:
- TeX4ht. A TeX-based system for authoring hypertext documents.
- ProTeX. A literate programming system
- DraTeX. A package for drawing figures
- TeXProject. A package for project managment