Local Information - Practical TeX 2006
For hotel and other information, please see the registration
Transportation: The hotel will provide a shuttle to/from the
conference, and there are a couple restaurants and a small strip mall
within walking distance. For any real excursions, either public
transportation or a car rental would be needed.
Airport & travel:
- Nearest airport is Newark Liberty International (code EWR). The
conference hotel provides an airport shuttle; you should let them know
if you'll need it when you contact the
hotel for reservations. If the shuttle fails, an NJTransit train
runs from the airport to the Edison station.
- For a map and directions to the hotel, please see:
- The hotel will also provide a shuttle to the workshop and conference
- The Kennedy airport (code JFK) in New York City is another
possibility, at least if you plan to rent a car. (No easy public
transport from there to Edison.)
- Amtrak: If coming from the north, you most likely will come Grand
Central. Then walk (or cab or subway) a dozen or so blocks to Penn
Station to catch the NJTransit. From Philly (and points south), Amtrak
runs along the Northeast Corridor Line (the same one NJTransit
uses). The closest stop to Edison on Amtrak is Metropark. You can take
NJTransit to Edison, or a local organizer can pick you up at Metropark;
email us to make arrangements.
- New Jersey Transit.
Stuff to do:
$Date: 2006/07/14 19:02:31 $;
conference home page;